Monday, July 20, 2009

Competing with a cartoon?

Gotta love south Florida weather! I'm not being sarcastic either. One minute - beautiful sun - next minute - wicked thunderstorms. That is one thing there isn't a lot of in north Georgia...thunderstorms.

Friends and family have been keeping me pretty busy down here. I've been spending more time at the ocean than I thought I would be. Saturday, me, KC, Stephro, and Stephro's family went out on Stephro's boat. I so wanted to go for a swim in that beautiful ocean but I was sure that with this cast on my leg that I would sink. But DAMN was I tempted. I've got this water proof boot to cover the cast and all but still. Besides, Stephro wouldn't let me and KC threatened to tell J...my friends are wicked sometimes.

Sunday, I went school clothes shopping with my family. It was weird being pushed around the mall in a wheel chair by my mom. When I finally got away from her for a moment, me and my brother contemplated how I could go down the escalator in the chair. I was sure I had it figured out but Mom busted us and scolded us for even thinking about it. I felt like I was five but laughed my ass off because Mom was on the verge of laughing the entire time she was giving us the third degree.

Last night, two of my nieces spent the night. Somewhere around 11:00pm, they knocked on my bedroom door and asked if they could come in. Monster, the 3 year old, was so cute. She asked if she could draw on my boo boo again. I couldn't refuse. Silly, the 8 year old, drew some too.

After they wreaked havoc on my cast, they climbed up in bed with me and we all compared scars. Monster thought her mosquito bites were scars and Silly has as many scars as I do. Most of them won't stay scars though. She's a bit of a tomboy - like me - and has accumulated a few scratches this summer. I was surprised that she could remember how she got each and every one of those scratches.

They were going to stay and "camp out" in my room, but when they found out that the TV in my room didn't pick up the channel for Sponge Bob, they quickly excused themselves and told me goodnight. I think I might be a little offended that they picked a cartoon over hanging out with me...lol.

But they both made it up to me before they left today. I got TWO...yes TWO...get well drawings from them. (Silly drew Sponge Bob's face on one of them though.) I'm gonna miss them when I go home.

No comments:

Post a Comment