Friday, July 3, 2009

Dogs are people too!

Well...CJ gave birth to three puppies and none of them made it. It was sad. But the bright side is that CJ is doing fine and moving around much better.

Other dog news...
My oldest dog, Aspen, has been acting real strange lately. She hasn't been eating much and she spends most of her time whining at me. And if she's not whining, she's staring.


J and I both think its because somehow she knows I'm leaving. She won't let me out of her sight and when I'm relaxing on the couch, reading, she has to sit on my lap. It wouldn't be so bad if she wasn't a seventy-something pound pit bull.

*She is actually staring at me right now.*

The last time I went out of town for a few days, she peed on J's pillow. I think Aspen might have assumed that J made me leave or something. (Kids, ha!) J has been telling me to talk to her and let her know that I will be back and all that good stuff. And she told me to remind her that the bed is for sleeping...not bathroom breaks.

Believe it or not, Aspen will talk to me on the phone. I swear, its like she's telling on J or something because when I say hi to her, she starts with this really out of tune singing and won't stop until the phone is pulled away. The last time I scolded her about what she had done to J's pillow and she actually barked at me like she was back sassing me or something.

I will miss Aspen and Brody (our younger dog) terribly. But they should love it that I'm going out of town. They will both be able to sleep in the bed with J. Something they haven't been able to do since we moved up to Georgia. (I'm too allergic and this room is much smaller than our room in Florida was.)

But...I will miss J the most. J thinks that is what Aspen is sensing. Dogs are smarter than most give them credit for. They have personality's and habits just like the upright walkers. But Aspen will never let me forget that she has feelings too.

Hope everyone has a safe and happy July 4th!

No comments:

Post a Comment