Sunday, July 12, 2009

Down South

Hey girls and girls...
I'm still kicking but its been a rough couple of days.

I flew into Ft. Lauderdale, Florida on Wednesday. I was greeted at the airport by my beautiful mom and my friend KC.
A little bit about KC...she is a friend from high school. We met in tenth grade in our 7th period class. She was sitting in front of me and turned around and said, "Are you in a band?"
I smiled. "Not right now."
She smiled back, "Do you wanna be?"
And that is how our friendship started. Me, her, and MP became the best of friends real quick but we all lost touch for a very long time. A few months ago, KC sent me a message on Facebook asking if I remembered her. I wrote her back saying, "How could I forget you? We only skipped an entire month of school together and watched North Shore frontwards and backwards until we knew the dialogue by heart. So when I saw her after 16 years of being apart, it was like we never lost touch.

Well, the plane ride was bumpy but of course I loved it. I sat beside a lady that was from Maine. She was nice and talked to me a lot. Mom took us out to Chili's and me and KC caught mom up on all the bad things we did in high school. I think Mom is still in shock.

KC and I spent the night checking out all the places we used to hang out at when we were kids. Everything has changed so much. We ended our nostalgic journey at the pier at the end of Atlantic Blvd. It used to be a cool place with a bar and restaurant called Fisherman's Wharf. I actually met Jerry Garcia there one night . But the bar is gone along with the bait shop and restaurant.

As we were walking toward the ocean, we got caught in the spotlight of a police helicopter. That should have been our first sign to get the hell out of the area. But we were determined and kept walking. Well...we ended up in the middle of a stand off and the cops shot the guy three times. What can I say...hanging out with me is always exciting (and sometimes dangerous.)

I got my foot surgery on Friday and now my right leg is in a cast. Its quite painful at times but I'm dealing with it.

I gave my mom a scare yesterday morning. It was pretty hot outside but I needed t sit out there because if I stay in the house too long, I get bad migraines. She came out to check on me and I decided to go in. As soon as I stood, I got dizzy and nauseous. Yeah, I passed out and apparently hit my head pretty hard. I woke up to my mom screaming for my step dad to call 911 and my step dad standing in front of me in his underwear. But I'm fine, just a knot on my head and a little embarrassment. Mom tried like hell to catch me but couldn't. I broke her nail in the fall. I think the first thing I said to them when I finally cleared my head was, "I'm sorry I made you worry mom." That is so like me.

The next thirty days are full up. The girls from Crazy Lesbian Circus are planning something (you know you can't lie to me, Starr) and all the friends that found me on Facebook have been offering dinner! I'm looking forward to seeing everyone.

I miss J like mad. So far, so good with the dogs. Aspen didn't eat the first night I was gone but J tricked her into eating the next night. (She mixed cat food in with their food. Aspens' weakness...lol)

I'm sure I'll be updating more now that I'm settled down here.
Until then...

No comments:

Post a Comment