Tuesday, June 30, 2009

One big (slightly) happy family

I'm pretty sure it is near 100 degrees outside but I don't mind. I am from SOUTH Florida, so really its nothing. Georgia definitely doesn't have a problem with humidity like Florida does.
Since I will be heading back to the scorching sunshine state, I figured it would be a good idea to get some sun so I don't stand out like a tourist. Besides, my farmers tan needed the work.

I took the dogs out with me and relaxed, reading my book. (Thief of Always by Kim Baldwin and Xenia Alexiou.) The dogs started barking like mad and I turned to see CJ (one of the outside dogs) hiding under the stairs. She was making a strange grunting noise, so I investigated. Imagine my surprise when I saw a second tail coming from her behind.

We all thought she was faking a pregnancy but we all were way wrong.

I've had many dogs in my life. But the only dog I had that had ever had puppies was my German Shepard. She had three litters of 13 and I didn't witness any of them. She had them while I was at school.

Unfortunately, the first puppy didn't make it and she is still in there struggling, trying to deliver the rest. We are watching her in shifts. She is such a small dog we're afraid she might not make it. The Vet doctor guy came and checked on her and said she was doing fine, but still. If she is still having trouble later tonight, we will most likely take her in.

I will hope for the best and update if we have any new additions to our family.
Five humans, five dogs, and a cat...whoa! Anyone want a puppy?

No comments:

Post a Comment