Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Party from hell (part one)

Although I wish I could blame all of my mistakes on other people, its really not that easy. I have a mind of my own and only I can make my decisions. Therefor, only I'm to blame. Even if it was something as simple as who to trust and who not to.



Back Then...

See, getting high for me was never about trying to be cool. It was an addiction that I stumbled into so many years before. And then after MM left, it became a way for me to fill the emptiness she had left behind. A way to dull the pain that thoughts of her would cause. There were other things too, but mainly...it was her.
Without the drugs, I stopped trying to hide the pain I felt. I stopped trying to pretend that I didn't miss her with everything in me. I actually dealt with it all. Still didn't understand it and I couldn't name it...then...but I didn't run from it anymore. Instead, I moved on.


Like I said, I was doing great and staying clean. I had to avoid a lot of people to do so, but it was what I wanted. I hung around Jason a lot. We would ride around the neighborhood, me on my skateboard and him on he bike. We would hang out at the park, chill in the grass, and listen to whatever was on his headphones. I was really starting to like him. It was more than obvious that he really liked me. Did I mention how good of a kisser he was?

There was only a week left of the summer and Friday and Saturday night, there were plans for huge parties. Parties that I really didn't want anything to do with. So when people would talk to me about going to them, I shrugged it off. I knew it was expected that I would be a given at the places but everyone was in for a shock. Even if I said I was going to be there, I knew I wasn't. Some people just wouldn't shut up, so I lied.

Besides, Friday night I WAS planning on hanging out with Jason and then Saturday, we were actually going to go out on that date.

Friday came and I was relaxing out front on the trunk of my mom's car, waiting for Jason. Dusk was moving in and bringing a nice warm summer breeze with it. I completely zoned out on the clouds above me and didn't hear anyone approaching.

"You are strange," LG said, slapping the metal fender of the car.
I jumped and choked on the smoke from my cigarette. "Dammit, LG. You shouldn't sneak up on people like that," I laughed. "What are you doing here? I thought there was some huge bash going on tonight."
"There is," she smiled. I didn't like that smile at all. It was a smile that said she had some devious plan or something.
"I'm not going. I'm not going anywhere," I told her, shaking my head to push my words.
She walked around the back of the car and took my cig from my hand. She took a deep drag and smiled that smile again. "I know. I figured you were going to say that. So did everyone else."
I took my smoke back as Jason pulled up in front of my house. I slid down from the car and kissed him as he reached out for a hug. I heard LG behind us making sounds that I'm sure had a scowl to go along with them. I flicked her off behind my back.
"Missed you," Jason said with a smile.
"That's not good." I was joking and he knew it. I turned and went back to my seat on the car. He followed, standing next to me.
LG leaned forward to look at Jason. "If I was you, I would get the hell out of here."
"Why?" he asked.
I elbowed her in the side. "It's my house. He's my friend. Respect that. If you don't like it, you leave."
"I can't leave," she shrugged. She leaned forward again and nodded at the car that had just turned on our street.
I looked. I was pissed. Around that corner was more than one car. It was more like five or so and the one in the lead...fucking Rich.
"What the hell, LG?" I slid down off the car again and faced her. "What is going on?"
She laughed. "Since you won't go anywhere with us, we are all coming to you. Party is here tonight."

I watched in disbelief as each car pulled up in front of my house. Each car filled to its maximum with passengers. Each car filled with people I had been doing so good at distancing myself from. I was so pissed, I started to shake.

"Why the hell didn't you ask me before you did this?" All that anger was definitely coming through in my voice.
LG looked down the street again as more cars rounded the corner. "Because we all knew you would say no. It wasn't all my idea."
"Fuck!" I raked my hands through my hair. I was so tempted to pull it out. "This can't happen here, LG. It can't. I can't. Lets get them all to go down to your house."
I started to walk toward the cars that were emptying but LG grabbed my shirt and pulled me back.
"That's a joke, right? My parents would freak if all these people were in their front yard." She smiled over my shoulder. "And your mom is cool. Come on, B. Its the last weekend before school."

I shook my head. I turned around to tell everyone to leave but I knew it was going to be useless. They had already piled out of the cars and were drinking and smoking and doing whatever else. There must have been thirty or more people already and there were still cars pulling up. It was definitely going to be a night full of testing my will to stay clean. I hung my head and slid back up on the trunk of my mom's car. At least I had Jason.

He grabbed my hand. "I think I'm going to go." He looked over his shoulder nervously.
"No." I gripped his hand tighter. I wanted him to stay but I didn't want to beg. "Its cool. Just hang out with me."
I could tell he was debating his decision in his head. He smiled and kissed me. "Maybe for a little while."
He turned around and was about to climb up on the car with me but he stopped cold. Rich and RM were standing right in front of us.
"Who the fuck are you and what the fuck are you doing kissing my girl?" Rich crossed his arms over his chest. He was wearing a tight fitting tank top and the muscles in his arms were bulging. He looked intimidating but he didn't fool me.
"I'm not your fucking girl, asshole." I waved my hand for him to leave us alone. "Fuck off."
"You will be my girl," he said with determined certainty. He stepped forward and shoved Jason's shoulder.

This kind of pissed me off. Jason...he seemed like he was backing down. Rich wasn't much bigger than him and I was sure, if it came to it, Jason would have been able to hold his own. But he showed weakness instead and he lost a little of my interest there. It didn't fit with my "Show no weakness because only the strong survive" mentality.

I jumped down off the car and pushed Rich back myself. "I said fuck off. I'm not yours."

Rich grabbed my arm and pulled me around behind him. RM got me in a bear hug and brought us both down to our knees. I guess he knew the damage my legs might do to him if given the chance.

Rich motioned for Jason to step forward. Nervously, he did, but he didn't look ready to fight. He looked like he was about to run. And seeing Rich and him standing face to face, I realized that Jason definitely wasn't as big as Rich. He had the height but Rich had the bulk.

"Leave him alone, Rich," I yelled as I tried to free myself from RM.
Jason mumbled something and took a step toward his bike. Rich didn't hesitate. He swung, knocking Jason back a few steps. Jason wiped his face on his sleeve and threw a half assed punch back at Rich. It was too easy to block and counter, and this time Jason was on his ass. Jason scrambled on the ground and crawled to his bike. He ran like a wimp.

"If I see you around her again, I'll fucking kill you, pussy!" Rich turned around and looked at me with a cocky grin that made me sick.
"You are a fucking dick." I threw my head back and caught RM's face. He quickly let me go and I jumped to my feet. I pushed Rich onto my moms car.
"Ooh, I like it when you're rough, baby," he smiled.
"Fuck you," I said and kicked him in the shin. He immediately bent over clutching at it. I had the perfect opportunity to knee him in the face, but I didn't take it. I should have took it. "Why don't you and your boyfriend," I motioned to RM, "get the fuck out of here. I don't want to see your face." I spit, missing his head by an inch or so.
"You don't mean that," he groaned, still holding his shin.
"I do."
I walked away. I should have kept walking.

No comments:

Post a Comment