Monday, June 29, 2009

Helen, Georgia

My wake up call today...
"Hello?"
"Hey girl! How you doing?"
I cringed. My ex. "Great. How are you?"


"Doin' good," he tells me. "We are heading up to Helen and wanted to know if you and J wanna meet up with us for lunch."


I took the phone away from my ear and shook my head, trying to clear the sleep. Then I scanned the room looking for J. "Uh..."


"Our treat," he added.


Still couldn't find J and he was waiting on an answer. "Yeah, I think it would be cool."


"You're only like ten minutes from there, right?"


"Yep. Where are you?" I was praying he wasn't going to say he was in the driveway.


"We are about an hour away."


Whew! So, yeah, we hung out with my ex and his wife and son all day up in Helen. At first J was a little hesitant but she shrugged and said, "What the hell, why not."



Since our divorce many many years ago, he has been like the annoying older brother. He used to call me daily but since I've ridded myself of a cell phone, he rarely calls anymore. (thank God...lol) Sometimes, I don't understand why he is still in my life. He treated me like shit and cheated on me constantly. And though I hate no one, he was definitely worthy of hating. I did try to distance myself from him (getting rid of my cell and moving to Georgia) but he still knew where I was. Whatever...



We ate lunch at a place called Margaritas. It was all right. Our choices were limited. Then ex, his son, and J took a ride to Anna Ruby Falls leaving me and ex's wife to do "shopping." Me <--not a shopper. But she is pregnant and couldn't walk the trail up to the falls. It was cool. We did go in a few of the tourist trap shops and then we found a spot on the river to sit and put our feet in the water.






The water felt great. We watched the people tubing and laughed with them when they got stuck.



My sides still hurt from laughing so hard. It wasn't long before J, ex, and his son got back to us. The little guy loved playing in the water and him and I mined for really cool looking rocks. (Okay, I picked up handfuls of the rocks and he told my that none of the were 'gorgeous' and dumped them back in the water.) And then he tried to catch a minnow with the water bottle.



Done with the water, we walked to the ice cream shop. On the way we met Sweet Tater Salad.


Really...that was what the lady said his name was. His little hat was cute. He had a couple friends too.



It was a fun day. Even if it was with the ex...

*I can't tell you more about the ex, it will give away the Back Then story.

No comments:

Post a Comment