Monday, February 15, 2010

...and I'm bored

Hmm...what to type about?

Winter is deadly boring around here. Really, cabin fever does exist. We had a bit of snow this past week and had two fun days of playing in it but now its just back to freezing cold. Hmph.

I think the winter time makes me miss home so much more than any other season. South Florida is lucky to get maybe five days of really cold weather but the rest of the year, you can go and hang out at the beach with not even a sweater. Swimming is another story.

Valentines Day, yes. We aren't into the bought gifts thing. We take the day and make it just a "together" day and then give each other cards. Sometimes we make a little something for the other...which was the case this year.

J did something that was really super sweet, something I really didn't expect. She went out and bought boxes of those little Valentine's cards that kids give out in school. She wrote a special memory that we shared on each and every one of those little cards and stuck them in a heart shaped bag. It took me almost an hour to read them all and some had me laughing while others brought tears to my eyes. We have a lot of memories over these past nine years and it was an amazing ride reading her perspective on them all.

I got her a card and on every blank part of the card, I wrote something that I loved about her. Yeah, it took her a while to read...I wrote really small. The smile and kiss she gave me was priceless. I also sketched an old picture of us from back when we first met. She loved it but I think my idea fell short this year. Next year, I plan to top her bag of memories idea ten fold.

I read my horoscope today...something I don't do very often. I won't explain why but anyway...
It kind of shocked me. It was pretty accurate about what is going on inside me and around me. Kind of scary if I really think about it. I think it might be best if I just forget I read it.

Well, it might be boring around here but I still haven't been posting much in here. Uh...because its boring. There is absolutely nothing blog worthy going on around here. I think I might just have to go out and find some trouble to get into. Yeah...trouble...that sounds more like me.

No comments:

Post a Comment