Monday, February 22, 2010

Speed

Winter is dreadful. I promise I will never claim winter as being my favorite season for as long as I live.

With that said, yes...it is another gloomy day in Northeast Georgia. I really, really need to escape. Really. It would be so nice to smell the ocean. To hear the waves crashing. To feel the spray against my face. I would love to be able to see the sun for more than an hour and actually be able to feel the heat from it. God! I miss my tan, dammit.

I'm hoping that once winter is over, I will be able to find myself again.

In other news, I think I might have found my motorcycle. Its a 2005 GSX-R 600. Its a little smaller than I wanted but the price is right. Now I just have the difficult task of convincing J to turn her head when I buy it. She really doesn't want me to get one and has warned me that she will never ride it with me. I think I can deal with that but I can't deal with making her worry. My solution to that is to just show her that I know how to ride and promise her that I will be safe. I'm sorry, but that will have to be enough. Besides, the roads around here are much safer than Florida's.

She still is trying to talk me out of it. She even went as far as to tell me that she would be more than happy to let me get a drag bike and start racing again. That made me question her sanity. In my mind, a drag bike is much more dangerous than a street bike. Her point was...the safety equipment required for drag bike racing makes the sport safe. Hmph...

Either way, I will be getting a bike. Either way, I will have to get a license for it. Now I just have to decide if I want to ride whenever I want or whenever the track is open. I think the street bike is going to win.

1 comment:

  1. That bike looks familiar. As much as I love to watch you drag race...I love to ride with you more. Street bike, definitely. I'll beg J if you want me too. MYLY!

    ReplyDelete