Tuesday, February 9, 2010

A change...

I think I found something I dislike more than summer weather in South Florida...yep, winter weather in Northeast Georgia sucks.

I've really been missing home lately. And its really not the weather I miss. I think its more like the familiarity of home. I know J wants to live up here because this really is her home, but sometimes I doubt I can do it.

Mountains are beautiful and I love the creeks and rivers but they still do not compare to the ocean and the Glades. At least to me they don't. And it has been so long since I've seen the ocean that I'm beginning to feel jittery. I've realized that being land-locked isn't so much fun.

I was talking with J about this the other day. Although she won't admit it, I can tell she's feeling pretty restless herself. I guess you can't introduce a country girl to the city life and expect her to jump right back into the country life again. It got me thinking that maybe her restlessness is what is causing her to be so unstable. Maybe.

My grandmother invited us...dogs and all...to come and stay with her for a little while. To me, it sounds like a great idea but I haven't had any luck convincing J.

I'll keep trying.

Maybe a change will do us both some good.

No comments:

Post a Comment