Monday, April 5, 2010

Past repeats

I've been commissioned to do a four generation portrait. Cool, huh.

As I mentioned before, I'll be heading to Tennessee this week. I'm looking forward to getting in some good family time. Yeah, I've missed my grandma. So...I was cleaning out my backpack so I can take my art supplies with me and I stumbled across an old journal that I hadn't written in since 2003.

If I remember correctly, its a journal that J had given me in the first year of our relationship. Yes, the majority of what is written in it is to her. And as I read over it all, it scared the shit out of me. I wrote some pretty intense stuff. What scared me the most - I know exactly what I was going through when I wrote that stuff. Its the same thing that I'm going through now, except now its intensified by ten-fold.

If I survived it then I should be able to survive it now. Shouldn't I?

No comments:

Post a Comment