Tuesday, May 5, 2009

As the color comes back to the world


I couldn't sleep at all last night. Even after J's "help" I was still restless. I kept waking up every two hours with weird dreams. One of strangers and ice cream cake and another with all my nieces playing hide and go seek. I'm still stumped on how Ella, the two year old monster, got up in the linen closet by herself.


Finally, at 10:30am, I gave up. Hopefully, tonight I will sleep better. (I know 10:30 seems late but I didn't get to sleep until somewhere around 6am.)


It truly looks like spring around here now. I swear all the trees grew leaves overnight. J said the same thing. We can no longer see any of the neighbors houses and J warned me not to walk out in the woods alone. (I tend to get lost...but I always find my way back. It just takes a while.)


We have three gardens growing. One has onions, potatoes, and brussels sprouts. The one up on the hillside has more onions, green beans, bell peppers, jalapenos, cabbage, lettuce, and corn. And the one at Granny's has carrots, corn, green beans, and some other stuff that I can't remember. Mick says he has to plow again before we can plant the tomatoes. This is all new to me. I can tell you this...they really like the green beans around here but they have to be white runners or something because there was a huge discussion about where to buy the right ones. I'm talking...family meeting on which ones were the right ones.


My writing muse has been on fire. I'm talking inferno fire. This is great because I was starting to go stir crazy again. Words have been spilling out of me like a broken faucet and I've written two chapters in the last two nights.


I read a good book...twice. When I get some extra time I'll write a little something about it.


I think I hear my muse calling...


No comments:

Post a Comment