Friday, May 15, 2009

Relentless

J and I had a debate last night that threatened to drive me to drinking.

For the record...I really don't care either way but...
J thinks that the landing on the moon was faked. She claims that it was all filmed in some kind of Hollywood studio or something.
But why? Why would they fake something like that?
There was nothing of value on the moon (because we all know how our government works) so it wasn't like they had to get there first to gather up all the "good stuff." It wasn't like we could start a war from up there, so really, why fake something like that? Her point...Then why go?

Note to self...never debate with J while she is in front of the computer. She will pull up whatever she can to solidify her belief.

I was in front of mine too, but mine isn't hooked up to the internet (strictly for writing my books) so she had an unfair advantage. Very unfair. But damnit! I fought the best I could with what I had...photography knowledge.

She showed me all kinds of pictures saying that since NASA claims there was no lighting taken on the trip, the shadows in the pictures were wrong and proves there was lighting. Sans...Hollywood studio.
I examined all these pictures and told her my thoughts. For one thing, I really don't think that there was NO light on the shuttle itself. That would be like turning me loose in the woods without a flashlight at night. There had to be some kind of lights on the shuttle. Even if there wasn't, do people NOT think that light reflects? So, I told her that I thought the discrepancies in the shadows could have been caused by either one...reflection or a light from the shuttle itself.

If that's all they have on proving that the trip to the moon was fake then its weak.
Like I said, it doesn't matter to me either way but if you are going to convince me that something isn't true, I need better evidence than a damn shadow in a picture.

Then she tried to tell me that the flag was blowing or something. I told her to prove to me that there is no wind up there, then she might have a case.

After an hour or so of her pointing at shadows, I gave up. She wasn't listening to me. I pulled on my headphones and told her I was going back to my book. I blared some Runaway's and attempted to ignore her. She kept tapping me on the shoulder but I kept laughing and shaking my head. She didn't let up until 4 o'clock in the morning!

I didn't get much writing done and I'm still not convinced.

No comments:

Post a Comment