Monday, May 11, 2009

J's wisdom

I love my wife. What we have might not be legal in most states, but its ours and it can't be taken away.

She knows me. Better than I know myself and she always knows the right thing to say at times when I'm so lost in my head, bringing me right back to where I need to be.

Back in February, I had hit a roadblock with my writing. (I write fiction.) I was stressed and aggravated and thinking about just giving up. If you know me, you know that I never give up but I was in that deep of a rut. I figured that I should put away the writing and just return to music. At least it would have still been creative.

I'm not sure how it came up, but I told her how I was beginning to doubt my writing since I had hit the huge roadblock the week before. This is what she told me..."You know, Michael Crichton, who wrote ER, Jurassic Park, and Twister (and other stuff) said 'books aren't written, they're rewritten. It is one of the hardest things to accept, especially after the seventh rewrite hasn't quite done it.'"

I contemplated it for a few minutes and in my silence, she figured I needed more of a push.

Then she said..."You know, Ernest Hemingway rewrote 'A Farewell to Arms' 39 times and he later went on to win the Pulitzer and Nobel prizes."

There are an infinite number of reasons why I love J. A majority of them, words could not describe. But, one I can describe is her mind. She is one of the most intelligent people I know. And she always knows the right thing to say.

Yeah, I love my intelligent, sexy, super talented, guitar playing, stock trading, loving wife.

2 comments:

  1. I completely understand this stuff now! Love stuff that is. Its the little things, right? Miss you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What are we going to do with you, Dimes?

    ReplyDelete