Saturday, November 7, 2009

My addiction

Maybe it was the giddy feeling caused by the twilight that chased us down the street. Or maybe it was the fact that the tension that surrounded us had caused us to be at each others throats. Maybe it was the colors that escaped the shadows and illuminated that dark place in us both. But the way she sounded so disappointed in her own statement made me laugh.
There was more behind her voice when she told me how she loved my laugh. Maybe it was a void that we had both felt and was finally getting filled. Maybe it was that gap, the trench that we had both been walking along but on opposite sides that was finally coming together.
Truth is...I want her. I always want her. She is my drug, my addiction. And really, that's all I ever wanted to be to her, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment