Sunday, November 15, 2009

Sunsets



The air was wet but it was warm. A walk back from the creek led to a discovery of the world that was above me. Georgia mountain sunsets are mind altering and breath taking at times. This day was one of those days.




The trickle of the creek was in my ears, making it sound as if the sun dropping below the horizon was sizzling in some distant ocean. For a moment, with my eyes closed, I thought I could smell that ocean.


Instead, I opened my eyes to what looked like a raging forest fire. The orange sun back lighting those leafless trees. The horizon looked hot but the wind betrayed the heat. That wind, a cool slap against my cheek, whispering in my ear the promise of the chill of the night.






And what a night...

2 comments:

  1. I'd like to make an official request here ... can we get the font size to be like one bigger? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I can do that. Request granted! lol

    ReplyDelete