Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Weather and books...oh my!

The weather outside is nice. I actually have been wearing shorts for the past three days. (Only because I'm tired of wearing jeans.) Its still cold and I won't lie, I'm wearing long sleeves and my famous hoodie and I only stay outside long enough to walk the dogs or to smoke a cig on the front porch.

The leaves are pretty much gone around here. They really didn't change colors this year, instead just died and scattered all over the yard. I caught sight of a squirrel climbing through the trees. Squirrels, they move like Slinky's and they look so stealth as they slink through the trees and across the driveway. Never thought I would say this but I found the little furry thing kind of cool and it kept my attention longer than most people do. I guess that says a lot about the way I see other people...hmph.

PS...
I got my copy of Outsiders yesterday. Its a collection of short stories from Brisk Press. I am a fan of JD Glass and she is the reason I actually bought the book. Of course, I read her contribution, Triskelion, first. And...JD Glass fucking rocks! Its the story of how JD's characters start their record label (and so much more in so few pages). Yes, its my favorite characters: Nina, Sam, and Fran. If you don't know what I'm talking about then you need to start reading. I say start with Punk Like Me and then go to American Goth. You might want to read Yuri Monogatari 6 (graphic novel type) and read JD's contribution Sakura Gun (London) next. From there head over to Punk and Zen (my fave). Then read Outsiders...lol. And from there, check out Red Light. But wait! Then go over to JD's blog and read The Con entries. Pay attention as you read and watch how all of these books link together. I totally love them all. She has another book, too. Its called X but it has nothing to do with any of the other books but its still just as great a read as the rest. And now that you all are educated...

PSS...
My pit bull is sleeping with her eyes open and it is very fucking creepy. How do I know she is sleeping you ask? Because she is snoring. *shivers*

No comments:

Post a Comment