Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Not dead

The ground is drenched from two days of rain. I slid through the damp dead leaves just to try and brighten up the place. There is gloom in the gray that surrounds me but I refuse to succumb.

And in my sliding, I found the perfect color. The color of fire, the sun, maybe even a tropical paradise that is warm and fluid with fun. It caught my eyes and brought me down to its level. The slightest of whispers, it told me that I'm looking too hard for the sun.

Ah, but the sun fuels life. It heals. It fills the darkness and I really need it.

But it whispered again that I was looking too hard. Because in my slide, I found it. That solitary leaf that screamed, "I'm not dead yet!" That leaf, the color of fire, of the sun, of that far off tropical paradise that I daydream about...its not dead yet!

With my silly grin in place and a twirl in my feet, I spun and yelled to the world, "I'm not dead yet!"

I'm not. So, I will live with the sunshine in my head and stay determined not to let the winter doom take control of anything in me.
The imagination is priceless and mine is in Hawaii scoping out the next set of waves coming in.
Surf is up somewhere...

No comments:

Post a Comment