Wednesday, August 19, 2009

6 points to A1A

I met Starr first. And then, slowly, the rest of the Crazy Lesbian Circus gals appeared. They came to be some of the best friends I've ever had. And they really know how to have fun!



The plan was to head out to five points and then maybe hit up a few places on Las Olas. But...we had to get out of Starr's house first.



A thing or two about Starr. She is drop dead gorgeous. Amazing on the inside. And filthy rich...or as she would say, "living comfortable." She is a writer. Not just books, but articles for papers and she even wrote some of that TV show stuff. She's smart, beautiful. The total package.



Starr's house is like a huge grown-ups playground. You can play any of the game systems on a screen that is like 10 feet tall and 15 feet wide. She has a room full of musical equipment that she hardly knows how to play. There are secret doors and slides and a huge room full of really big pillows. (The best pillow fighting arena in the world.) Surfing out her back door and even a quarter pipe for all your skateboarding/rollerblading/bicycling needs. Its crazy. She even has her own bar. Like a real dance club in her house. So why go anywhere else?



Eye candy. Five points is crawling with it. Its kind of in the center of Broward County's gayest city. We call it five points but the city does have a name. I'll make you look it up. There are a few lesbian bars, good eats, and, like I already said, eye candy. (I swear I didn't look at a single girl J.)

Finally convinced that we really needed to leave Starr's place, we headed to five points. A quick bite at Rosie's and we headed across the street. Packed, shoulder to shoulder, we finally made our way to the bar. Totally standing room only. By a quick nodded agreement, we left. Crutches in a packed bar = not too easy.

We checked a few of the other places we used to hang out. Not as packed but not as full either. Next stop, Las Olas. By this point, my shoulders were burning from walking with the crutches so Bruiser, being the gentleman she is, gave me a piggyback ride. Yes...I said piggyback. Candy and Ash carried my crutches and alternately took turns jabbing me and Bruiser in the ass with them.

We finally found a hopping place that wasn't overflowing and staked claim on a table near the front. Most of the Circus girls were doing shots as I told them about the ATV track I was thinking about building. Me, Candy, and Ash were doing shots of Red Bull just for laughs.

Leave it to Bruiser to spot a damsel in distress while we are out having a good time. One thing led to another and we were all outside stopping some guy from slapping his girl around. Turned out, the guy had a lot of friends. Ten of us and fifteen or so of them and their bitchy girlfriends. Lucky for them, the cops showed up just in time. (You'd have to know Bruiser to understand why I said lucky for THEM...lol.) Lucky for us though...I knew one of the officers. The officer was married to a long-time family friend. So he let us go.

We headed to the strip and my piggyback ride was attracting attention. Tourists with their camera's...sheeesh! I'm pretty sure some weirdo will post a picture of my ass in their "Our trip to Ft. Lauderdale" photo album. Hell, it might have even been in the newspaper...lol. I can see the headline now: Girl With Broken Leg Gets Carried Down Ft. Lauderdale Strip By An Insanely Muscular Butch Woman. Insanely might be pushing but...I love you Bruiser.

After a few more drinks here and there, we ended up on the wall watching the bobbing lights of the cargo ships as they entered and exited the port. I listened as each of the girls told me why I needed to move back to Florida. As convincing and logical as all their reasons were, I had to shoot them down. At least for a little while. I stressed the fact that I really needed the stress free living right now and they finally let it be.

Memories to note:
Candy trying to break dance with my crutches.
Bruiser shaking her ass on the dance floor.
Starr's stalker.
Dimes and Lani's kiss that earned them twenty-six bucks from the college guys that wouldn't stop drooling.
Peace trying to sweet talk the cops before she figured out they were letting us go.
And Walker's 'never ending story' rendition of why she refuses to get into another relationship and the way she moved when we dropped the ice down the back of her shirt. (I swear it was Candy's idea.)

My applause ladies.

By the end of the night...or maybe it was early morning...me, Candy, and Ash were bouncing off the walls while the rest of the crew was holding them up. I swear I will never touch another Red Bull as long as I live. It's worse than the diesel fuel coffee that they sell in truck stops.

Thanks guys!

4 comments:

  1. Ha ha! Insanley muscular explains Bruiser perfectly. And just so you know, I'm having nightmares about that "stalker." Fun times, Speed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Starr about Bruiser. My favorite quote from the night..."Red Bull doesn't give you wings, it tricks you into thinking you're immortal." I love you, you psycho!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Message from Ash: This is the time of OUR lives! Miss you madly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Candy: You are the one that thought you were a ninja, remember.

    Ash: It was a time, wasn't it. Miss you more.

    ReplyDelete