Thursday, August 13, 2009

Luck of the crutch

Gather around...its story time!

Not a back then story but a story none the less. I have 36 days of stories in my head about my trip to Florida. I won't bore anyone with all the details, so I'll stick to the highlights.

KC did meet me at the airport with my mom and when I was all settled at my mom's, we went through a tour of our childhood. The cop thing (previous entry) was a little extreme but we still had a great time.

We lucked out really. KC just happened to live like three minutes away from my mom's so it was pretty easy for us to hang out. Especially since I couldn't drive. Before the surgery we went to see the movie Hangover . Very funny movie and afterwards, KC and I made a million laughter filled promises that we would never let that happen if we ever went to Vegas together.

I hung out with her and her family a lot. Her husband is pretty cool and her 17 year old son is a hottie. We watched the X Games together and some of the Dew Tour. It pisses me off that they don't televise the women's competitions. The only women's comp they showed was the mx race. And I think the only reason they showed it was because a hearing impaired girl won.

Anyway, KC and her family took me to the IMax theater to see the new Harry Potter movie. I had never been to an IMax theater before and the experience was pretty cool.

We got to the place early because KC wanted to get a good seat since it was a sold out show. We weren't the only ones thinking early was good because when we got there, the line was already pretty long.
But being on my crutches paid off. One of the workers tapped me on the shoulder and told me that I needed to go upstairs. Seems the entrance we were standing at would be too difficult to do with my crutches. So we rode the elevator up and were the first to be seated. Yep, we got the best seats in the house.

KC says every time I visit Florida I have to bring my crutches.

1 comment: