Thursday, October 29, 2009

becomes us

We met in a chat room. We were both looking for musicians for projects we were working on. We clicked and decided that we needed to jam.

I was very unhappily married at the time. We were separated but still living in the same house. It was a big house. He had his half and I had mine. We still worked together since the business was OUR business and we were both damn good at it. But things between us sucked.

I bought her a plane ticket, told her just to bring herself because I had all the music gear she could possibly need and we'd audition each other. Me to join her band (SP) and her to be a writing partner. I remember she was nervous about the flight...she had never been in a plane before.

At the airport, I waited at the gate excited to be meeting my possible future band mate. As the time got closer, I got more nervous. Why? I kept asking myself. Its just music. But then she came down the hall. She had a Mohawk and was wearing an army jacket. My first thought was that she was fucking hot. She didn't see me and just as she was about to walk past, I reached out and grabbed her, giving her a huge hug. I knew in that embrace that we would be so much more.

We spent the entire night in the music room trying to impress each other or something with our knowledge and talent. She said that I stole her heart when I sang and played "Crimson and Clover" Joan style. And she knew her heart was mine to keep when I played "Colorful Sweet," one of my originals. As confused as I was at the time, I know that I fell in love with her when she played "Mayonaise" and she sealed it for me when we jammed to "When I Come Around." It was the look in her eyes, the quick of her lips, the way she watched me as I watched her, and that slight sway to a rhythm only we could hear.

But like I said, I was confused. And that night, I gave her a choice. She could crash out in the music room or crash out in my room with me. She chose my room but...BUT...we kept our hands to ourselves. Honestly.

No comments:

Post a Comment