Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Wonderful Twist

We cruised down the twisting road to the picture show. Where the Wild Things Are swam through our eyes to the part of the brain that says, "Hmmm." Her hand warmed my leg while my imagination took us on a ride. And the sounds she made when she tried to keep quiet...

Back down the twisting road, we stopped for an icy treat. Rainbow sprinkles and chocolate covered strawberries and a brain freeze that could battle the worst of migraines. An overheard conversation of a little girl upset that the dance was cancelled -dressed as the dark princess with her black lips and a black rose.

Once again, to the twisting road. Burgundy brushed clouds with a midnight blue backdrop. Tiny dots of white started to appear. And I sang to her...cinematic love truck...and she held my hand...like nothings gonna stop us.

Up the dirt drive, guided by the moonlight. One foot on the steps and she pulled me back, held me to her. "Thank you for a wonderful night," she whispered against my lips.

"Wonderful," I whispered back, finally getting a taste of those chocolate covered strawberries.

1 comment: