Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Becoming

I just finished the book I was writing. It is such a great story and I really didn't want it to end but that is the beauty of being the author...I can make it live on for as long as I like, as long as I want. I think this one has a lot more to share. These characters just aren't finished yet.

Band talks have led to the conclusion that the search for a bassist isn't as important as the search for a drummer. I do play bass, its just not my instrument of choice. But, if necessary, I will play it until we can find someone to replace me. I'm fine with that.

Sometimes I wish I would have learned to play the drums. I still can I guess. But it is so hard to find a female drummer.

I went to middle school with this girl that was a drummer. She was madly into Def Leppard and I played guitar but was into Maiden, Metallica, Slayer, and such. We tried to jam a few times but it just didn't work out. I didn't know enough about my instrument to keep up with her. It would be nice if I could find her. She would be perfect for this band.

Other news...it is fucking FREEZING up here. And raining. I've been feeling a lot better since Starr was here but this shitty weather is threatening to make me postal.
There are haunted houses this weekend along with haunted corn mazes. And next weekend, more of the same. I love this shit. Then, Halloween, there are several parties we've been invited to. If it were up to me, we'd show up at them all. But the houses around here are so far apart that the drive wouldn't be worth it.

Next month, my cousin Mel will be in town, thawing out from living in Alaska. I'm really looking forward to seeing her.

You'd think, with all the excitement, it would be hard for me to sit still. Fucking weather.
So be it.

No comments:

Post a Comment