Saturday, October 10, 2009

Stories

Since I set the playlist on random, I figured I better go ahead and explain the songs. One at a time.

One night in October, about five years ago, J, cousin Jane, and I were roaming through Walmart. We were just stirring up trouble (playing football in the isles and hide and seek - I'm a kid at heart) and Jane runs into this girl. Leave it to Jane to find the only other lesbian in the entire store.

But this one was young. Only 16 but she was adorable. Short blond hair, tank top, cargo shorts, and she had a hammer in her eyebrow. Yeah, a small little hammer that graced the piercing of her eyebrow. Cute. We were introduced and found out her name was Gab.

Long story short - Gab and Jane hooked up but it was short lived. Gab was a follower and Jane had no room in her life for people that didn't think for them selves. Jane left to go back to her home and Gab, well, we stayed friends.

She enjoyed playing guitar and on a few occasions, called me up to see if I would jam with her. The very first song we learned together was "Stories" by Trapt. I had never heard the song before and after hearing it once, I was addicted. Just a song about a story of the past that he's trying to break away from...but yet, still wants.

If you think about it, all of our lives are stories. Each memory, each day...all stories. And its up to us to make our story different than the rest. I've been striving to make my story unique from the day I was born. Its not the same story as yours, but its my story.

I still talk to Gab every now and then. Funny, she moved from Florida and now lives in Georgia too. We haven't seen each other in a while, but we still tell each other our stories from time to time. We even talk about "Stories" and I thank her for introducing me to a great song. Lyrics:

I found a line and then it grew, I found myself still thinking of you
I felt so empty and now I'm fine But still it's burning, when will you be mine?

Too much of the same stories in our lives
I think it's time for change, don't you?
Too much of the same stories in our lives
(I think it's time for us to walk away from here)
Stories in our lives, we keep them all inside

Look at me still in your mind, Our memories so intertwined
Well you broke through and found your way
And so did I no need to stay
The same old picture, tried and true
Been through there, let's look for something new

Too much of the same stories in our lives
I think it's time for change, don't you?
Too much of the same stories in our lives
(I think it's time for us to walk away from here)

Do you remember lying on the beach so late at night
Do you remember running through the sprinklers that night
Do you remember all the songs that I have wrote for you,
All the songs that I have wrote for you (For you)
I remember,the way you made me feel when I was with you
I remember,the smile that always brought me back to you
That look in your eyes, I never thought that this could be untrue
(Untrue Do do da dado do da dado do da dado do da dado yeah yeah yeah)

Too much of the same stories in our lives
I think it's time for change, don't you?
Too much of the same stories in our lives (I think it's time for us to walk away from here)
AS RECORDED BY TRAPT

Change your story...

No comments:

Post a Comment