Friday, October 30, 2009

Live and die

I took her to a hockey game where we found 80 dollars and then out to show her Fort Lauderdale, Speed style. We talked by the ocean and walked the pier. We witnessed a stingray doing a ballet below us. But still, that night, we just talked until the sun came up.

Our time was short, or so we thought. I took her to dinner where we tossed peanut shells at each other and almost got kicked out. She met my brother (which didn't go so well) and ended up on the seawall behind my house.

It started as a slow dance, both of us being careful not to cross the imaginary lines too fast. Her hands, her body felt so good against mine. The shadow of her smile illuminated in the torch light. Those lips, I wanted them. I wanted them in places all over my body.

And then they touched the skin of my neck. My pulse jumped below them. And then her tongue, the warmth, the electric current that shot straight to my center. "We shouldn't do this standing up," she whispered. With her hand in mine, I led her to my room where the slow dance resumed against the wall, the door, on my bed.

I remember thinking, so this is how it is supposed to feel.

I woke up early and called the airline. I was keeping her for as long as she could stay.

It has been nine years, nine years today. Nine of the best years of my life. I've never loved like this before. And this morning, her kiss and the words from her lips - "Thank you." and "I love you so much." - filled me.
She is love...the love I live for and the love I'd die for.
"I don't breathe another lover."

Happy anniversary baby!

No comments:

Post a Comment