Monday, January 4, 2010

2009 in retro

Looking back at 2009 for the last time...what I learned and what I realized:

No matter how hard you try to hide, the people that love you most will always find you.
And those people are the only ones that matter.
The quiet life living in the country isn't as bad as I once thought. It took me all year to realize this.
My year of NO work proved to be rather productive...creatively. I've renewed my love of drawing and music and planted a solid foot in the writing world.
I learned how to beat my insomnia. It cannot exist if I don't believe in it.
I realized that an organized work space leads to an organized mind.

I noticed that this list is much shorter than 2008's list. I'm still not sure if that is a good thing or a bad thing.
I do know that I love living worry free. Not having a business to run, no deadlines, no fuel bill, no more phones ringing 24 hours a day, no dealing with traffic...its absolutely amazing. I honestly physically feel lighter.
I know that I hate fast food. I have no idea how I lived on it for so long. Just say no to McDonalds!

Most of all, I feel like I love life again. I'm looking forward to a great year. To quote J, "This will be the best year of our lives yet!"
I believe.

No comments:

Post a Comment