Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Set the scene...

Driving one of my roomies to his GED class in an old S-10, my brain was infiltrated by old TV show theme songs.

Me: (Humming then abruptly stopping when I realize what I'm humming.) Oh my God! I'm humming the "Mr. Ed" theme.

RS: (Laughing) hmmm...

Me: I have no idea why this shit pops in my head.

RS: (He makes some kind of grunting noise that makes me want to hurl.) hmmm...

Me: Maybe its a warning. Maybe there will be a horse in the road or something.

RS: (shrugs) Maybe. Hmmm....

Me: But if it starts talking to us, I'm pushing you out the door and saving myself.

RS: (Laughing so hard, he starts gagging and hacking.)

Me: (Thinking that he really doesn't know that I'm NOT joking.) *singing* A horse is a horse... Maybe if I sing it, it will get the hell out of my head.

RS: (grunt) hmmm...

Me: (thinking that he needs more than just a GED class. Is grunting all he can do?) *humming the theme from "Lone Ranger"* Jeez! What is with my head today. Isn't there something better than TV tunes that can get stuck in there?

RS: hmmm....

Me: (Thinking he is stuck in the caveman days when all they did was grunt.) I know what it is. This fucking headache has got my brain in some kind of retro geek-ville. I didn't even watch those damn shows. *humming another tune from another old western show* At least its not that damn "Delilah" song. I hate that fucking song.

RS: Oh, that "Hey there Delilah" song?

Me: (Oh shit! He knows a few words. Paranoid that he speaks, I search the upcoming roads for a talking horse.) Uh huh.

Now guess what is stuck in my head....hmph.

No comments:

Post a Comment