Monday, January 25, 2010

Aspen is drunk


Today, we took Aspen to get spayed.
Bright and early, we drove her to the vet. She loves to ride in the truck but it seemed she was a little nervous this morning. I guess she was feeling us already worrying. See, she has a heart murmur and, although the doc said she would be fine, J and I were still basket cases.
Yeah, we were a mess.
J went back to sleep when we got home, but I was too nervous to even try. Luckily, a friend was online and kept me talking to keep my head busy.
I held off calling to check on her for as long as I could. When I finally did call, they assured me that she was fine. Whew!
We went to pick her up around 4.
Yeah, I knew she was really fine when the very tall and very kind male assistant at the vets office came out of the recovery room shaking. With a nervous voice, he practically begged me to follow him because Aspen had decided she didn't like him any more and was growling at him. That's my girl.
She hasn't left my side since she has been home. She is all wobbly and droopy eyed. I'm sure once the pain medication wears off, she'll be pissed as hell at me. She'll probably chew up something that she knows I love and then use the bathroom on my pillow. She's is a smart ass like that.
At least she is okay. Tomorrow, her sister is going in for the same thing. Another nail biting day.

1 comment: