Monday, January 18, 2010

Happening

I started really editing today. Its one of the first books I wrote a few years ago. I figured that I would start with my oldest stories and work my way forward. It turns out that it is a great idea because the story isn't so fresh in my head and its like I'm reading for the first time. Kind of. I suck at explaining things sometimes.

I remember the characters and I know what happens but figuring out how I got to that point is a bit fuzzy. And that fuzziness is just what I need to get a fresh look at the entire story.

J and I have been looking for a vehicle. I think she is pretty much set on getting a Tahoe. Me, well...I would rather have something more fuel efficient. I loved my '07 Civic and wouldn't mind having another one. But she loved my '03 Tahoe more.

J is kind of...hmm....strange I guess. I understand her concerns on safety when it comes to cars but she seems to take it to another level. (I have so lost the argument about getting a motorcycle. She would rather me get a dirt bike.) For instance, she once was told that Jeeps flip easy. Since the person didn't specify which Jeep they were talking about, she honestly believes that it is all Jeeps. I tried to explain that it was the early versions of the Wrangler, but she won't hear it. So the really nice Cherokee Sport that I found is out of the question.

There were several cars that I found. Like a nice Pontiac G6 with very low miles and a decent price. She wouldn't even look twice at it. Instead, she shows me these Tahoe's and Yukon's with over a hundred thousand miles that are more expensive than the newer cars with lower miles that will be much cheaper on gas.

She's driving me nuts with it all. Today I told her that if she was interested in a gas guzzler, then I might as well go back to my '09 Chevy 3500 Silverado Dually. Out of all the vehicles I have ever owned (excluding my '71 Cutlass), that one was my favorite. I should have kept that thing instead of selling it with the business.

Maybe I will just sneak off and buy that damn GSXR I saw in the paper and just let her buy whatever the hell she wants. Except, I know if she buys a piece of shit, it will be me that is out there working on it (I used to build race cars and such) and I'd rather not get grease under my nails anymore. I left that part of my life down there in Florida.

No comments:

Post a Comment