Thursday, January 7, 2010

Seeing red in the white

The world around me slowly turned to white. She loves the snow as much as I do. And her eyes...the brightest blue...when she smiles took my breath away. Again.

I have to apologize. I hardly ever get angry. Maybe that is a mistake on my part. But today, all the pent up anger I have toward them simmered dangerously in my eyes, in my movements, and just on the tip of my tongue. She knew. She saw it, read it, felt it. Even through my denials.

"I've never seen you like this," she says. And I knew that it was no use trying to control it any longer.
I spoke the truth of my hate and watched as she shook and the sadness took over her eyes. But then she smiled and whispered, "I love you."

Words to live by. Words I live by.

No comments:

Post a Comment