Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Caterpillar!

I spent the day, yesterday, with my friend Freak's son Aidan. When I get home from this trip, I will try to put a picture up of my new shadow. He is absolutely adorable and very intelligent. He's only four and already has the wit and charm of a seasoned pro. Irresistible. Think the little boy from the movie "Big Daddy."

After we flew around on the magic carpet (swung around on the hammock) and climbed the tree house, we sat on a bench that was built between two trees. He's got a really great imagination, so I figured I'd feed it since we were running out of things to do. I started telling him a story with him as the main character. Things were going along great in our make-believe adventure until he threw his hands in the air and made a face of pure horror, stomping his feet and pointing in my direction.

"Caterpillar!" he screamed several times, still pointing at me.
I asked him where about a million times and then finally he says, "On the tree."
I let out my panicked breath, relieved that it wasn't really on me. He took off in a run while I carefully removed the intruder with my fishing pole (it was just a stick). He came back and watched me fling the caterpillar off to its new home somewhere in the grass.

He climbed back up on the bench then picked up his stick fishing pole. "Okay," he said, much calmer than he was before. "Now lets get the one off of you."

My first thought was...you little shit! He had me get the damn caterpillar off the damn tree, where it really belonged, before he helped me get the one off my back! Mind you, the one on my back was much bigger and crawling its way to my neck. I'm not big on insects and critters and such, so I had no idea if the thing could possibly sting me or what not.

I called him on it. "Why didn't you tell me that there was one crawling up my back?"
He smiled the most deviant smile I had ever seen. "Because the one on the tree was closer to me."

Little shit!

No comments:

Post a Comment