Thursday, April 16, 2009

Kidnapping me

In an earlier post, I wrote about how my cousin Jane was plotting to kidnap me. Well, its official. Jane, Freak, and Writer will be kidnapping me Friday. As far as I know, I will be gone for one week.

Although I'm looking forward to the change in scenery and people, I'm dreading how much I'm going to miss J. This will be the first time in five years that we have been apart for more than a day. Not to mention, I will be in an entirely different state which seems to be making it that much harder.

She's dreading it too. Every ten minutes or so she says, "Please be safe up there" or "I'm gonna miss you." And then there is the "Don't do anything crazy" and "Please don't go get wasted and do something silly." She knows me too well. So I've made promises. No jumping off buildings or cliffs. No driving too fast. No getting wasted (actually, this one is a promise to myself. I haven't been wasted since November of last year.) No staying awake for days. It pretty much all goes back to the "please be safe" and "don't do anything crazy."

There is an upside to this trip. I might get the chance to audition the new drummer. I will be able to sit and have a music writing session or two with Freak (one of the most amazing guitar players I've ever met). And I'll get to see some family.

I am looking forward to the trip but still...

Its funny and I'm not crazy, I swear but I've been talking to the dogs (Aspen and Brody) all day like they are human and they understand, telling them that they have to protect J while I'm gone. Honestly, I think Brody is going to miss me as much as J. But Aspen will be more than happy that I'm away because that means she'll be able to sleep on the bed.

Countdown...a little over twenty four hours...the truth...I'm already starting to miss her...
Tonight...I'm not letting her go.

2 comments:

  1. You two are going to be insane without each other. And you better keep your promises, too. I don't want J to call me and tell me you are in some kind of body cast or something.

    ReplyDelete