Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Easter


Holidays are always hard without my family. Its like, nothing feels right. Christmas sucked!


This holiday was livable. J has a huge family and they all live right here. So a get together for them is as easy as a phone call and a short drive (or walk for some). I have to admit, I've been a part of her life for eight years and I still couldn't name half of the people in her family. BUT...neither can she!


Easter wouldn't be complete without little kids. The ever-famous Easter egg hunt that is a must. Just to watch the kids excitement as they find the well hidden eggs - in the plant, on the fence, in the thick of the grass - and the way they proudly display their find in the air above them. I took pictures of their hunt and captured Lexi as she found her first egg. She was so damn cute. Each egg she found, she held it up and said, "Wook! Wook!" I laughed the entire time.
When we got home, my mom called from Florida. I talked with my nieces about what the Easter Bunny had brought them. Earrings and candy. My oldest niece boasted about finding the golden egg and how there was money in it. She raked in $13 on her hunting adventure. I asked her to buy me something with it and send it to me. She said, "Its not enough. If I buy you a gift, I want it to be $100. But it might be too heavy to send, then."
Their little "I love you's" made my heart miss them more and it hurt to know I missed hanging out with them and playing "Use your imagination" laying in my moms back yard and staring at the clouds. And I didn't get to chase little Ella around with the tickle bug. And...for the first year, I didn't get to hide those eggs for them.
Sometimes, its the little things you miss the most.

No comments:

Post a Comment