Thursday, April 2, 2009

J won't let me join the circus

I've stated before how I am an adrenaline junkie. I will take whatever risk there might be to get that blood pumping at a skyrocketing rate. I've raced dragsters, dirt bikes, and ATC's. (yes, ATC's. I'm showing my age.) I lived to skateboard, visiting skate parks all over Florida. I've done the Superman over the doubles and sailed a hundred feet in the air over the triples at Lockhart Stadium. I've surfed in a hurricane. Climbed trees so high that it caused nose bleeds. Rope swung into the 84 canal...you get the picture. I live for the rush and the faster the better.

So, there is this show on MTV called Nitro Circus. I'm a huge fan and I try to make sure to catch it whenever its on. The other night, J was on the computer as I was watching the show. They did a jump where a dirt bike jumped over a car while the car was jumping a ramp. I'm no good at explaining, but you can watch it at that link. Anyway, I got a brilliant idea and decided to run it by J.

me: Baby? I want to join the Nitro Circus. Is that cool?
J: (she looks up at the screen as the dirt bike sails over the car and there is a fire below them.) I don't think so.
me: Why not? I've done worse shit than that.
J: (she looks up again.) I guess, if you are driving the car I'd be okay.
me: Uh-uh. I want to ride the bike. If you let me join, you will never have to hear me complain about how bored I am.
J: No way. Is this the show where they were jumping the bikes off the side of the canyon and then parachuting down?
me: Yeah! I so wanna do that.
J: (She stops what she is doing and turns around to look at me.) No way!
me: Why?
J: Because you have had too many broken bones already. Too many bad injuries.

I don't think it has been too many. Here's the list: I've broken my left arm twice, my collarbone, both knees are shot, and I've dislocated my shoulder. I have a broken bone in my foot that I will soon have removed and back and neck injuries from being hit by a car when I was a kid. I would say that bruises don't count, but she says they do when the bruises are on your ribs and lungs. I've had several concussions and lots of stitches.

That is so not too many!

me: Bullshit! I wanna join the Nitro Circus.
J: (She gets up and holds my face in her hands. We are nose to nose.) No. Way. You promised you would never leave me. And leave means get dead. So, no way. I will not let you go join the circus and get dead.
me: But...but (she's shaking her head at me) I wouldn't get dead. I'm a pro at that shit.
J: Even pro's get dead. And I love you too much.

She made her point. So, I won't be joining the Nitro Circus any time soon. But I can still dream...and build a track in the back yard. (Did I mention that Mick has a bulldozer and a backhoe!)
I am so building my own Nitro Circus...as soon as it stops raining.

4 comments:

  1. J is a smart woman and I'm with her. You are too dangerous for your own good. Thanks for the talk...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm thinkin' that J paid you to say that...or was it blackmail?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey bitch! I miss you, you crazy ass speed demon! Tell J I said she has to let you join the circus because I need someone to join with. PS...Come home...please.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lets join the circus! Hell yeah. Miss you too and I'll see about coming home as soon as I can.

    ReplyDelete