Wednesday, April 8, 2009

One chance is enough

Reverse! Reverse! Enjoy the ride as I take you, yet again, on a journey of my youth...haha.

Rich opened the door for me to get into his car. I know I gave him some smart ass remark about how I could open the door for myself or some shit. LG climbed in the back. As we pulled away, Sam locked eyes with me and I just shrugged and shook my head. Stupid girl.

Our street wasn't too far from the South Side. Not even a five minute ride really, but Rich drove through all kinds of back roads and such, trying like hell to get me to talk to him. I remained staring out the window and said nothing.

"She's just pissed about that fight," LG tried to explain. "Catch her on a good day and you can't get her to shut up."

I turned around and ripped her to shreds with my eyes. "Shut the hell up, LG." When I looked at Rich, he was smiling. "Look, just get us home already. We have to sneak LG back in her house before her evil step dad wakes up."

"Yeah," LG added, "which is in about thirty minutes."

Rich sped up and got back out on the main road. About two minutes later, we were at the end of our street.

"This will be good." I climbed out of the car and slammed the door shut. I leaned back down and looked in the window. "Thanks for the ride." Hey, I was a bitch but not a super bitch.

LG got out of the back and closed her door much more gently. I walked around the front of the car and half nodded as I continued down the street. LG was on my heels.
Rich pulled his car to the swell and cut the engine. I heard his door shut and then he jogged up beside us.

"Really, pretty boy, we got it from here." I knew he could hear the seriousness in my voice but he still kept walking. "What do you want?" I stopped and crossed my arms over my chest. "I'm not interested."

He shuffled his feet and then stared at them like they had a cheat sheet of comebacks written on them. "That won't last long." He looked up at me and grinned his "all women love me" grin and I wanted to puke. "How 'bout we start as friends?"

"You have to be fucking kidding me? How old are you, 18? Isn't there some girl your own age willing to date you? Or are you just too immature for them?" I continued walking, leaving him standing there with my words.

Look, he deserved it. It wasn't the first time he had approached me, trying to convince me that we should "get" together. Him and his friends would even joke about how I wasn't interested in Fred, his penis. Yeah, they named their peckers. The last time, he tried to corner me at a party at RM's house. Granted, I was shit faced, but I managed...or at least I thought I did, to convince him that I wasn't the girl for him. "Alright," he had said, "then lets just fuck." So, yeah, he deserved my super bitch.

He caught back up to us and started to say something but LG stopped him.
"I'd love to listen to you guys argue this out, but I really have to get in my house. And to do that, I need B's help. But once I get inside, you guys can argue all you want. Okay?"

"That won't be happening. Rich and Fred are about to go back to their car and play with each other." I gave him an evil smirk over my shoulder. "Bye, boys."

He was starting to remind me of Chris.

We finally made it to LG's window. She pushed it up and peeked inside. She handed me my clothes as she gave me a hug, whispering that she would see me tomorrow. I nodded and got down on one knee so she could step on my other knee to get inside her window. Rich stayed standing by the street.

"Give him a chance," LG whispered as I put her screen back in her window. "He can't be all that bad and he's hot as hell."

"He's an asshole, LG. You know that as well as I do." I knew that didn't matter to LG. She seemed to love the guys that treated her like shit. Besides, if she wasn't so interested in RM, Rich's best friend, she would have probably been all over Rich.

Did I mention that LG already HAD a boyfriend? Yeah, and he was one of my childhood friends, KK. But he was away in California doing work for his uncle and she thought it was prime opportunity to play around. I hated the fact that she would do something like that to such a great guy. At least, he was a great guy when he was my grandmother's neighbor.

"Think about it," she said as she pulled down the window.

I shook my head. There was really nothing to think about. I knew I didn't like him and that was that. And as I got back to the street, I ignored him as I walked the three doors down to my house.

"Hey," he said, grabbing at my shoulder.

I turned around so fast, my fist clinched and my arm cocked back. "I told you. DON"T touch me!"

He held both his hands up again. "I forgot. Sorry." He pulled his cigarettes out of his pocket and lit two. Handing me one, he smiled. "Why don't you like me?"

I laughed, evilly. "Where do I start?" I took the offered cigarette and sat my clothes on the trunk of my mom's car. "You are an asshole. You are self-centered, egotistical, and a pretty boy. Shall I go on?"

"How do you know I'm an asshole? You barely know me." He leaned against the car and crossed his feet.

"Umm, the party last weekend. You're rude offer to fuck. How you told me that I was just playing hard to get. How you won't take no for an answer." Honestly, I couldn't arrange a complete thought in my head. I was tripping full force and everything seemed so out of whack. Even his face, and I tried hard not to laugh.

"How old are you?" he asked, flicking his butt to the street in front of us. It erupted in a shower of sparks that I couldn't let go.

"I'm 14," I mumbled, zombie-like, still caught in the awe of the beautiful sparks.

"Well," he stepped in front of me, blocking my view of those sparks still flying from the cigarette as the wind blew it slowly down the street, "I think you are hot. And I just want a chance to prove to you that I'm not an asshole."

I took the last drag of my smoke and flicked it past his distorted face. I stepped away from him, regaining my personal space, and grinned. "Sorry. First impressions are everything and you already blew yours." I turned around and picked up my pile of clothes. I half waved as I walked to the front window of my house.

"I'll change your mind. You'll see," he yelled.

I just shook my head and kept walking. No way.

No comments:

Post a Comment