Friday, April 24, 2009

The kidnapping gone wrong

Okay. I think I'm finally ready to write. I've been back from North Carolina for a few days now and the numbness is just now starting to wear off.

(I actually wasn't supposed to be home until this coming Sunday but I really couldn't take it anymore.)

A real quick thank you to Dad D and Freak for their consideration and hospitality. Thanks for altering the food you eat to feed me (celiac) and most of all, thanks for the ride up there and back. (Yes, Freak, you do snore.)

The party, Saturday night, was great. I drank way too much and shouldn't have smoked that stuff but from what I was told, I was still great entertainment. (All you people have dirty minds!) I enjoyed putting on that musical show for all of your friends, Freak. Please be sure to tell them, I'm much better when I'm sober!


Freak and I had several great music sessions. The more we fucked around, the better the music got. She actually confided in me that she had been nervous and anxious about picking up the guitar again. She really hadn't played much since her son (Aidan) was born. It kind of made me sad because she is like...picture August Rush but female. She knows the fret board like she knows how to spell her name. She has been playing and competing since she was eight and now, at the still young age of 22, she could be so much more than she allows herself to be. It was real hard to watch her bury all her talent deep inside of her. I hope she finds that love again.

Aidan...wow. Great kid. One of the greatest things...he wants to grow up to be a surfer. I promised I'd take him to Mavericks so we could watch the girls and guys surf the big waves one day. And then, when he's old enough, we'd go to Hawaii and check out the pipeline. Funny thing is, I don't think he's ever seen the ocean. Hmph.

I must have told Freak a million times how proud I was of her. Aidan is a very respectful and smart kid. And when I told her that I thought she was doing a perfect job raising him, she had tears in her eyes. She said I was the first person to ever tell her that. That I was the first person that didn't put her down for her parenting.

I blame her lack of confidence on the people she is surrounded with. There's too much negativity. Too many "friends" trying to raise her kid their way. They all need to just learn to mind their own fucking business. Aidan is her child. One she has been raising on her own, pretty much since he was born. If they would just step back, shut up, and observe they would see that she is an amazing mother just like I did.

This was one of the last conversations before I left...
Me: (to Freak) I have to go home. I'll make some calls and see if I can find a ride.
Freak: (Pure shock across her face) Really? Why?

I will not disclose why...sorry.

Freak: I'm sorry, she's like that sometimes. Okay, well. I'll take you home tonight. I'll get Hobbit to come with me.
Me: Let me try to find a ride first.
Aidan: B, you can't go home. You can't. Because all your friends will miss you.
Me: (I knelt down in front of him) I can't believe you just said that. You are so gonna make me cry. (I gave him a big hug.)

Great kid!

No comments:

Post a Comment