Saturday, April 4, 2009

My morning wake up

I don't sleep much. I think I've said something about it before.

Yesterday and the night before, I skipped sleeping. And last night, I finally got tired around midnight. Tired enough to actually sleep that is. J wasn't sleepy at all, so she stayed up. No big deal.

This morning, she crawled into bed around 8am.

Now, it doesn't matter if its 60 degrees in the house or 90 degrees, her feet and hands are always ice cold. I'm talking like she just pulled them out of a bag of ice. Freeeeeeeeezing!

What does she do as soon as she gets under the blanket? She puts both of her feet against my leg and places her hands on my stomach. God, they were so cold it hurt! Not to mention, I was in the middle of one of my morbid nightmares. I woke up instantly and pushed her away...thinking I was still in that nightmare.

She didn't go far. She rolled right back over and put her icy self against my warm skin again. This time, I opened my eyes and told her that it hurt. It really did, they were that fucking cold. Now she thinks I'm wide awake but what I really wanted to do was sleep for at least another hour.

Not gonna happen.

She starts telling me about all these websites she had found in the night. Something about working out or something. I tried to roll over and ignore her, but she immediately put her feet against me again. I told her again that it hurt. I got a bright idea and offered her the nice toasty socks I was wearing. She said sure, so I sat up and took them off my feet and put them on hers.

I'm thinking...problem solved. Now I can go back to sleep.

Still not happening.

I got comfortable again and had my back towards her. She moved up behind me and propped up so that she was an inch away from my ear. She went on with her conversation about this workout thing.

I understood that she was excited. I'm cool with that. We workout every night together and I'm all for changing up the routine...but not when I'm trying to sleep.

Up until that point, I had been half participating in the conversation. Croaking an agreement every now and then. But she kept going. My next bright idea was to stop participating, figuring she would think I fell back to sleep. After I was quiet for about five minutes, she moved even closer and then she put her ice cube hands up my shirt again! It was her way to make sure I was paying attention, I guess. (I love for her to touch me but DAMN!)

Desperate to get the ice off my stomach, I rolled over to face her. Yep...she's still talking.
I glanced at the clock. 9am. Fuck it. There was no way I was going back to sleep. And by then, my feet were freezing since I gave her my socks.

Finally, around 9:30, she closed her eyes and quieted down. I got up, put on another pair of socks, and went through my normal morning routine. You know, bathroom, brush teeth, get a drink and stuff. I get over to the computer and there's a post it stuck to the keyboard.

"Get me up around 1:30. Thanks. I love you."

I had to laugh. She woke me up with her arctic hands and feet...talked to me for an hour and a half...and she never once mentioned that she wanted me to get her up at a certain time. She's lucky I went over to the computer.

The dogs ruined my plan of waking her up. I was gonna get the ice pack from the freezer and put it on her stomach. She deserved it. But the dogs started barking as they were running through the house and they knocked over the fan. Oh well, maybe next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment