Sunday, March 22, 2009

Daily injury status report

Shannon came over today with her boyfriend, Rob. Shannon definitely wasn't dressed for riding the four wheeler, so I got Rob to ride with me. We had a good time and, when we were about finished riding, Rob talked Shannon into taking a ride with him. She really wasn't dressed for it...loose fitting skirt and a too small and tight shirt. By the time they came back up the driveway, she was almost naked.

I took one last run through the trails before I parked it. The trails we were riding are becoming easily noticeable now so it should have been no problem to maneuver.

I rode the steep incline to the top of the mountain, slid around the fallen tree, swerved around the rock, and turned the corner to the circle. Out of nowhere, BAM! I still don't know where the branch came from but it damn near knocked me off the machine.

So, my injury report for today...fat lip with a nice cut on the inside of it and a scratch along the side of my nose. Ain't I purty...lmao. It was so worth it. J is making me get a helmet...arrrggghh! And its such a small scratch!

Astronomy night was pretty cool. We learned a lot of stuff that I probably learned in school but can't remember. Like the life cycle of stars and stuff about the moons craters. At the end of the lecture, we looked through a few telescopes they had set up. We got to see Saturn, which was way cool. But J might say that when I started laughing with a mouth full of water and ended up spitting it out all over the place (including on the backs of the two girls in front of us...I apologized) was the coolest part of the night. I guess I can think of it as funny now, but I didn't think so last night. And the reason I was laughing...J and Shannon said 'no' right after each other. I still have no idea what I found so damn funny about that.

The cool things about living in the North Georgia Mountains:
The speed limit is 55 pretty much anywhere you go.
Anna Ruby Falls.
Helen.
Building a fire and roasting marshmallows, all in your own back yard.
Friends and guitars and bad singing around that fire and no one complains that we are making too much noise.
J and her amazingly funny family. (You gotta hear Aunt Rita's cat stories.)
Riding the four wheeler without worrying if the cops are going to come and give us tickets for trespassing or try to arrest us.

No comments:

Post a Comment