Friday, March 20, 2009

Jesus?

I just got off the phone with my mom. So when she asked what I had been up to, I told her I'd been drawing again. So she asked me to send them to her.

me: Even the one of the girl that's in the bikini?
mom: Yeah, of course.
me: Okay.

I sent her the pictures I posted in here. All of them. She was at work, so she printed them out. As her friends passed her desk, they stopped and commented on my work...which my mom is now plastering to the walls of her office. She says she wanted to make me a gallery. Hmmm...

She asked me what my process was when I draw. Long story short...I just have to have a picture and, well...its that easy for me. Some area's are tougher than others (hands) but usually I can make my drawing look pretty close to what I see. Although, sometimes its a challenge with color photo's.

mom: So you can draw anything from a picture?
me: Yeah, pretty much.
mom: Will you draw something for me?
me: Uh, sure. Who or what would you like?
mom: Jesus.
me: Jesus? (Not what I was expecting from her, so I was in a bit of shock.)
mom: Jesus. What? You don't draw Jesus?
me: Uh, no. Not that. I just figured you would say something like Brad Pitt.
mom: Nope. Jesus. And Bob Seger...back when he was young with his long brown hair and thick mustache.

I see the pattern here.

Last year sometime, I took her to see Jesus Christ Superstar at the Broward Center for Performing Arts. It was a great show. She loves Ted Neeley, so I think I will find a pic of him as Jesus.

I better find my muse fast.

No comments:

Post a Comment