Thursday, March 5, 2009

Minor adjustments

So, there is some adjusting that needs to be done when you move from the city into the country. I knew this. And the majority of it is minor.

Things I find strange up here: the extreme quiet, the never ending cold weather, no planes flying overhead, no trains in hearing distance, the distance to grocery stores and other stores.

I'm not complaining...just adjusting.

And the food is different. I don't think I've ever ate so much chicken in my entire life. And there has to be a million different kinds of beans. Most of J's family grows their own food. The green beans are my fave. I've become a fan of beans and cornbread with a little pepper juice.

All in all, I think I'm adjusting well. After six years on fast forward, the slow down is probably the hardest thing to get used to.

No comments:

Post a Comment