Wednesday, March 11, 2009

On the Surface

Funny, I had this whole entry typed out about how I lived half my life in a lie and scrapped it at the last minute thinking it was too personal for a public blog. Go figure. But it felt good to let it all out. The best way to let it all go is to let it out.


Random facts:
I was born in South Florida and grew up less than five miles from the ocean. I miss it.
I was 19 before I ever left the sunny state of Florida. I went snow skiing.
I lived in the North Georgia Mountains before. Two years when me and J first got together.
I've owned two very successful businesses. The first one is still striving. I sold my share of it.
The second one, we sold because it was driving us insane.
I no longer have a cell phone and never care to have one again.
I play guitar and sing.
Me and J met online. We met in person because I was "auditioning" for her band.
I landed the gig and the girl.
That band is no longer together.
I'm an artist. I love to work with charcoal.
Besides family, only two people in the world have possession of my artwork. PJ and TLee.
I have celiac disease and no, its not contagious. Its just a food allergy with a fancy name.
I am a positive thinker. So much so that I will probably make you sick.
I love all animals but am allergic to them. Allergies haven't stopped me from having two dogs and a cat.
I was married once, to a guy. Its a long story (the one I deleted) and real personal.
I used to race. Drag race. I've gone a quarter mile in less than nine seconds.
I love old cars. Oldsmobile's and Chevy's are among my favorites.
I can work on cars. I restored a 1971 Olds Cutlass from the ground up. I even rebuilt the engine.
I'm an adrenaline junkie. I love anything and everything that is fast and dangerous. (This is the reason J won't let me buy a motorcycle. My mom is on her side.)
I've broken many bones and lost a lot of skin because of my addiction.
I'm "out" to almost everyone I know. I haven't been brave enough to flat out tell my grandma, but I'm sure she knows.
I'm not the only gay member of my family. One is completely out and the other two are still in denial. Ha!
I tell people that I'm the worst liar but in reality, I perfected the art of lying growing up and pretending to be the perfect little straight girl I wasn't.
I have several tattoo's but the one that gets the most questions is the pentacle on my bicep.
No, its not a Satanic marking.
I'm Wiccan.
I'm the oldest of five. I have two brothers and two sisters. We range from 34 to 3. Me and my oldest little brother have the same mom. The youngest two share the same mom and my sister in the middle is the oddball.
I have no fears.
I have no worries.
And I know the secret.

No comments:

Post a Comment