Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Tah Dah!

Adjusting is coming along. But boredom is a major obstacle.
J and her dad started a garden. I've helped plant onions, brussel sprouts, and potatoes so far. From what I have been told, we will be growing corn, tomatoes, and green beans too but its not time to plant them yet. I'm obviously clueless about all this and they make sure to pick on me about it whenever they can.

Yesterday, I was educated (the hard way) on briar's. We have two dogs. An 80 pound pit bull named Aspen and a 20 pound mutt named Brody. We took them out for a walk and decided to just let them run around freely. Big mistake. Aspen took off up the mountain and Brody, her little follower, went after her. I ran up the path they took and was attacked by these briar's. I look like Freddy Kruger's plaything. Brody came back when we called her but Aspen, the most stubborn dog I've ever owned, made me look for her. Of course, these briar's are everywhere. It wasn't fun.

There's not much for work around these parts. I'm not desperate to find a job, just bored really. I've been writing a lot and I'm about to start working on my art stuff again, but still, I'd like a little something to get me out of the house every now and then.
So I talked with J's brother, Rock. I used to do tattoo work many years ago. Mostly my friends, really. But its something that still interests me. So, Rock offered to call one of his friends that owns one of the tattoo shops in town. The guy told me that if I get a portfolio together of work I've done and a few of my sketches gathered up, he'd take a look at me. If he likes my stuff, he'll give me a sort of apprenticeship at his shop. What could be better than a job I know I will love? Okay, besides winning the lottery. Ha!

Since I read a lot and I mean A LOT, I was thinking that I would mention my favorite books in this blog. Like a review sort of thing. I'll showcase them on the left side in the Amazon box and if anyone who reads this likes my review, they can buy it from there.

And that's all folks!

1 comment:

  1. Briars are a part of Georgia. My dad has a cabin up in Cherry Log (between Ellijay and Blue Ridge) and we often go up for weekends of hikes and relaxation. As educated as I am about them, it never fails that I always end up with at least 1 nice briar scratch. Welcome to GA and thanks for visiting the blog...

    ReplyDelete